Gun Safety Courses Woburn – Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on the Application of Gun Licenses in Woburn

Gun safety courses Woburn are offered by both police departments and private companies. Although the areas covered vary, so long as the trainer is certified to offer the courses, you will be able to qualify for a gun license once you complete the course. All in all, you have to note that the application process for a license to carry Ma is not as straightforward. There are processes involved and not everyone who submits an application qualifies. The purpose of this post is to answer a couple of points that will help you be better prepared for the licensing process.

Which agencies are involved in licensing?
When applying for a license, you need to submit your application along with the certificate you get after completing the gun safety courses Woburn to the local police department. This is the body that issues firearm licenses. You can always contact the police department in advance for assistance with the forms and requirements that are needed for the application.

Which license class categories are available?
Not everyone will qualify for the license to carry. Some people can only qualify for the FID Ma. The license to carry will allow you to purchase, possess, transport and carry large and non-large capacity rifles, handguns, shotguns as well as feeding devices and ammunition. This is the license that will allow you to carry concealed handguns.

The FID (Firearms Identification Card) will allow you to purchase, possess and transport non-large capacity rifles, shotguns and ammunition. You need to apply for a permit before you can purchase firearm using your FID card.

Large capacity firearms are the semi-automatic handguns or rifles that can hold more than 10 rounds or semi-automatic shotguns that can hold over 5 shotgun shells. Assault weapons are considered to be large capacity firearms.

Are there fees involved?
It is obvious that you will have to pay a fee for the gun safety courses Woburn. There are costs associated with the issuance of the licenses and renewals. It will cost you $100 to apply for the LTC (License to carry). This is valid for 6 years. The fee for the FID is $100 for persons over the age of 18 and $25 for applicants that are under the age of 18. The FID is also valid for 6 years.

Are there training requirements?
Completing gun safety courses Woburn is a requirement for anyone planning on applying for a license to carry Ma or FID. You need to complete certified firearms safety courses. You can also complete basic hunter education courses which are administered by the Division of Fisheries and Wildlife.

The above answers to frequently asked questions will help you better prepare for the application process of a license to carry firearm. One thing you must take seriously is the gun safety courses. Although they are a requirement for the application of a gun license, they are meant to familiarize you with the gun laws and also to help you be safe while handling your firearm. Always take the courses seriously and don’t be afraid to retake them if you need refresher courses.

Gun safety courses Woburn