Gun Safety Courses Woburn – What You Need to Know About Applying for a License to Carry Ma

Gun safety courses Woburn are there to educate you on the firearm laws and to help you handle firearms safely. They cover a number of areas among them shooting, understanding the parts of a firearm, understanding ammunition, safe storage and security of firearms. It is a requirement for anyone planning on applying for a license to carry Ma to complete an accredited gun safety course. You will get a certificate at the end of the course. This is, however, not all that you need to qualify for an LTC or FID Ma. Below are the key points you need to understand about applying for firearm license.

It will cost you $100
The first thing you need to note is that applying for an FID or LTC Ma will cost you $100. That is the application fee. You will pay $100 for an FID and $100 for the LTC. It is good to be prepared for this expenditure before you start the process of applying for a license.

You will need to submit the certificate from gun safety courses too
The second point you will need to know is that when submitting your application form to the local police department, you will also need to submit the certificate you received after completing the gun safety courses Woburn. This is done to show that you are familiar with gun safety and the firearm laws. Failure to attach the certificate will lead to automatic disqualification. However, if you are just renewing the license, you don’t need to retake the Massachusetts gun safety course. You must, however, give information on your most recent license number.

Not everyone qualifies
A point that most people tend to forget about when applying for a gun license is that of not everyone who applies for the LTC or FID qualifies. There are numerous checks that are made. Your chances of getting a license will be narrow if you have ever been convicted of any crime and if you have a mental condition or illness that may impair your judgment. You must also be a resident of Massachusetts.

You have to be 18 or with parental permission
To apply for the FID Ma, you have to be at least 15 years of age and with permission from your parent. If you are over the age of 18, you don’t need parental permission. The license to carry Ma is issued to persons over the age of 21.

Final answer rests with the chief of police
You application will be reviewed by the chief of police. He relies on a range of sources to determine if you qualify for the license. At times, even if you meet all the requirements, the chief of police may deem you unfit to carry a concealed firearm.

You have legal options
Last but not least, even though you are denied because you don’t satisfy all the qualifications, you have legal options. Retain an experienced attorney to help review your options if you have been denied an LTC Ma.

Gun safety courses Woburn